When friendships are broken, it’s easy to stop trusting all people. But here’s good news: You can always, always trust Jesus! He is a friend you can definitely and totally trust all the time, every day, and in every way. In fact, Jesus promises, “I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:20).
Because you can T-R-U-S-T Jesus, your response should be to give Him your trust. Use T-R-U-S-T from Proverbs 3:5-6 to guide your response:
- T-rust in the Lord—“Trust in the LORD with all your heart.” God knows 100 percent of the time what is 100 percent best for you.
- R-efuse to trust in your own understanding—“… and lean not on your own understanding.” Instead, lean on God’s wisdom from His Word, the Bible.
- U-nderstand and count on His presence—“In all your ways acknowledge Him.” Constantly acknowledge Jesus’ presence. Talk to Him about every decision and every problem.
- S-traight paths come with God’s help—“… and He shall direct your paths.” God will make clear the way you should travel—the way that is best for you and pleases Him.
- T-ake time to make your choices—Be sure you make the most important choice: Accept by faith that Jesus died in your place for your sins. Because of Jesus, you can have forgiveness!
In A Young Woman After God’s Own Heart by Elizabeth George, you’ll learn how to grow close to God, get along with your family and friends, make the right kinds of choices, become more like Jesus, prepare for the future, and fulfill the desires of your heart!