Do you realize that what we’re thinking about and entertaining in our mind will ultimately show up in our behavior? Here are some practices and decisions that will help you turn your thoughts heavenward.
1. Make a decision each day to seek to dwell on the Lord. Willfully think on God, on His attributes, and on portions of His Word.
2. Make sure your thoughts meet the guidelines of Philippians 4:8. A sure way to fulfill this divine ideal is to think about God, His Word, and His Son.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble,
whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable
—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
3. Master the great hymns of the faith. These worshipful, sacred songs of praise will bubble up from the recesses of your mind and heart throughout the day
4. Memorize scripture. Then you can dip into your reservoir of memorized verses and enjoy them over and over again. God’s Word in your heart definitely helps you to think about Him.
5. Mark out certain times each day for praising God. The psalmist’s declaration to God in Psalm 119:164, “Seven times a day I praise You.” That’s as simple as praising Him when you say “grace” three times a day with meals, once when you get up, and once when you go to bed. Then surely you can fit in two more times each day!
Loving God With All Your Mind helps women handle their emotions and discover inner peace that comes from focusing on what is true. It shares six powerful Bible truths that will help readers draw closer to God and know His joy and love.