Serving is a simple and noble assignment that pours from our heart. And it is perhaps the most obvious sign of Christ-like maturity. When you are serving others, your heartfelt, Spirit-filled service is a dazzling reflection of the heart of your Savior, the greatest servant who ever lived, the One who set the standard when He…
- served others whether it was convenient or not
- served others whether they deserved it or not
- served others whether they thanked Him or not
- served others with sacrificial love
- served you by giving His life as a ransom for your soul
O Lord, give me a heart of joy so I can follow in Your steps and gladly serve others. When my heart tires of serving, remind me of Yourself and Your holy hands washing the disciples’ feet! May I become Your twin in selflessly tending to the needs of others. Amen.
Drawn from The 50 Most Important Teachings of the Bible by Jim George. This helpful resource highlights key teachings every believer should know. With great clarity and simplicity, this book focuses on the most essential elements of the faith that’ll strengthen and encourage you!