The Thanksgiving weekend often heralds the beginning of eating, shopping, and celebrations. Oftentimes, holiday schedules are hectic with family members shooting like fireworks in every direction for social activities, plays, and Christmas preparation. But, don’t let your time get away from you!
Whether you stay at home or plan a vacation over the next two months, make sure to set aside special times for your family to slow down, reflect, and connect. Give everyone plenty of notice, especially if teens are involved. If you’re not a parent, get friends together.
1. Ask everyone to share what they’re doing over the holidays that will be fun and meaningful.
2. Share what plans they have for the next year and encourage each person to share a goal or a dream … and be supportive. Dreams aren’t always based on current reality.
3. Talk about the childhood antics of the kids, how you grew up and spent your Christmases.
4. Share your faith experience… and let others share theirs.
5. Read the Gospel accounts of the Christmas story.
6. End your time together by drawing people’s names out of a hat and committing to doing two nice things for that person this Christmas.
Time keeps on ticking, and seasons seem to go by in an instant! Be purposeful to pause and develop the relationships that will last a lifetime!
Lord, You’ve given me a wonderful family and awesome friends. I delight in being with these people You’ve given me to cherish…and I especially delight in You. Amen.
We have special sales on our whole store, including Bibles, studies, devotionals, and more!
Black Friday SALE—BOGO 25% sale (plus, receive two free books with every order.
Discount begins at 12am EST 11/19 and ends 12am EST 11/26.
Cyber Monday SALE—Receive Free Shipping (with coupon code JEGFREESHIP) OR 15% off sitewide (with coupon code JEGCM).
Codes will be good from 12am EST 11/26/18 until 12am EST 11/30/18.
Do I make time to spend with my family and friends?
Be purposeful to pause and develop the relationships that will last a lifetime!