As Jim and I look back, we realize we learned many times the hard way that, when we didn’t pray, or consult with each other, or seek God’s wisdom, or ask for godly advice, we just about always made bad, wrong, or lesser decisions.
So, speaking from personal experience, here is a handful of guiding principles for making decisions. These principles have become personal slogans Jim and I use to remind ourselves to pray before we make decisions.
- No decision made without prayer (Philippians 4:6-7).
- When in doubt, don’t (Romans 14:23).
- Always ask “What does the Bible say?” (John 17:17).
- Always do what you know is right (James 4:14).
- Don’t let fear influence you (1 John 4:18).