Believe me, I know from my own growing-up years and from raising two daughters that the teen years are challenging ones! Often it seems like everything in your life is spinning and constantly changing, and it’s hard to get your feet and emotions grounded—and then the next big change comes along! At other times it seems like the whole world has stopped turning on its axis. Every day is the same old, same old. Nothing ever changes, and it doesn’t look like it ever will. Day after day is the same repeated day. Time is standing still.
I’ve heard the heart-cries of thousands of teen girls, and here are just a few of their questions and issues—many of which apply to everyone at one time or another:
- “What am I going to do about this problem?”
- “My problem hurts so much I’m not sure I can make it through another day.”
- “Why is it so hard to find a friend? Is something wrong with me?”
- “I hate my life. It’s the same thing day after day—family, chores, school, homework.”
- “I feel so stifled. I can’t go anywhere or do anything without my parents’ permission and involvement.”
These are very personal and painful problems and yet, at the same time, they are “common” problems (says 1 Corinthians 10:13). Thank goodness, because that means there’s hope!
No matter what your life situation is, God has help and answers. No matter how bad things seem or become, when you are faithful to dig into the treasure of God’s Word each day and look for His help with your problems, as well as His instructions on how to live the way He wants you to live, you will enjoy life more. Day by day, God comes to your aid with encouragement, comfort, guidelines, and wisdom for handling your difficult and stressful situations.
And best of all, you have Him—all of Him one-on-one—when you read His Word. Enjoy!