How can you know God’s will? As you pray, seek to live according to what is revealed in God’s Word, and search out godly counsel, you’ll discover God’s specific will for you—your greatest treasure.
Follow these ABCs based on God’s will for Rebekah and how His will for her was revealed.
- A – Ask God. Abraham’s servant prayed fervently and specifically about finding the right wife for Isaac.
- B – Be faithful. Rebekah was led to the next phase of God’s will for her life while she was faithfully serving her family in the details of daily life.
- C – Consult others. Rebekah’s father and brother were involved in counseling her and agreed to her marriage to Isaac.
- D – Decide for yourself. Family members agreed, God’s will was evident, but Rebekah had to choose to follow God’s plan.
- E – Execute your decision. Rather than lingering, Rebekah acted immediately and began her journey of faith … by faith!
Ask God to open your eyes and your heart to His will for you. And don’t be surprised when you discover it’s right in front of you!
Start or end your day with the powerful reminders of God’s work in the lives of women in the Bible in Elizabeth George’s book, One Minute with the Women of the Bible. You’ll find encouragement for your own faith journey