If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.
There are two conditions we should be careful not to violate in our decision making and planning. The first is failing to consider our finiteness as humans. Let’s face it-our knowledge is limited. We have no way of knowing what the future holds for us.
The second is failing to consider the uncertainty of life, which James describes as a mere vapor (James 4:14).
As a woman after God’s own heart who desires to live and grow in wisdom, follow these basic principles:
- Realize only God knows your future.
- Realize God has a purpose for your life.
- Realize God may send interruptions into your “perfect” day.
- Remember to pray over your plans, asking God for guidance.
- Remember to say, “If the Lord wills…”
- Remember to stay flexible and open to what God has in mind.
God, You are the only One who knows what tomorrow will bring. Help me plan my day and my week with wisdom. Help me make the most of each day. Guide me and help me remember to be open to any unexpected turns You might bring my way. Amen.