Here’s something to think about: Are you making spiritual decisions…or physical decisions? For instance, someone asks you to do something and, if you feel good physically, the answer is yes! But if you don’t feel good or are tired, well, the answer is “No thank you” (while thinking No way!)
You can be thankful that God gives you example after example of Bible heroes who show you the right way to make decisions.
- King Solomon prayed for wisdom…and rose up from prayer to become the wisest man who ever lived (1 Kings 3:5-12).
- Nehemiah spent time praying “before the God of heaven” after hearing bad news…and rose up knowing what action to take (Nehemiah 1:4-11).
- Queen Esther fasted three days and nights to prepare to follow God’s will in a life-threatening situation (Esther 4:16)…and rose up to boldly make her request to the king.
- King David was a man who prayed…and became a man after God’s own heart who fulfilled God’s will (Acts 13:22).
- The Lord Jesus sought His Father’s direction through prayer…and rose up declaring, “Let us go somewhere else—to the nearby villages—so I can preach there also. That is why I have come” (Mark 1:35-39).
How about making a new prayer commitment? “From now on, No decision made without prayer!” This prayer principle will guide your life and help you find God’s will and make right decisions.
Drawn from Beautiful in God’s Eyes for Young Women by Elizabeth George. Surround yourself with inspiring Bible verses and encouraging guidance to discover purpose and confidence you’ve only dreamed of having with this helpful resource!