Discouragement is not a respecter of persons or rank. It is contagious and easily contracted. You might even have a case of it today! Here are a few ways you can deal with discouragement:
- Recognize its source of discouragement—The devil is the enemy of your soul.
- Resist the temptation to succumb to discouragement—Resist the devil and he will flee from you (James 4:7).
- Regain your relationship with God—Draw near to God and He will draw near to you (verse 8).
- Remember your power—Philippians 4:13 assures you that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.
- Refocus your direction—Make sure you involve God in your plan.
Who needs a word of encouragement from you today? A family member? A coworker? A fellow member at your church? Or maybe someone in your neighborhood? A little bit of encouragement can go a long way toward brightening someone’s spirit and motivating them to press on.
Finding God’s Path Through Your Trials discusses the hard times we all face. It will remind you that God won’t give you trials you cannot bear without including a way of escape. By turning to Jesus, you will find hope, joy, and meaning in your journey, no matter how bumpy it seems.