From the beginning of time God gave a divine principle for marriage: “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh” (Genesis 2:24).
Leaving and cleaving is always a test of faith for a wife. It tests her …
- Obedience to God’s Word and His way.
- Faith in God’s leading through a husband.
- Trust in her husband’s leadership.
- Commitment to her husband.
Are you a wife? If so, is your husband the Number One person in your life? Is there stress and conflict surrounding your marriage and your parents? Maybe it’s time to realize and embrace your status as a wife—that you are no longer accountable to your parents, that you are free to be bound joyfully and securely to your husband.”
Are you a mother of married children? If so, have you released them to follow God’s leading with their mates?
Start or end your day with the powerful reminders of God’s work in One Minute With The Women of The Bible. You’ll find encouragement in these devotions for your own faith journey as you meet women such as…
- Eve, who reflected God’s beautiful image to the world
- Leah, who was remembered and blessed by God in her sorrow
- Deborah, who became a humble and godly leader in battle