Compliment Instead of Complain
It’s easy to get wrapped up in frustration over what our husband doesn’t do, rather than focusing on all he does do, isn’t it? The next time we’re tempted to complain about our husband’s lack of time or help, let’s instead thank him for a specific way he’s blessed our family. To do this, we’ll need to keep our eyes and ears—and heart!— open so we catch the ways that he expresses his love.
Care about His Day
A gracious way to begin each day is to simply ask our husband:
- What can I do for you today?
- What can I do to help you make better use of your time today?
Then we standby with our day planner, a willing heart to schedule his needs into our day, and a prayer to help in the ways he sees he can best be helped.
Consider Love and Respect
There are so many ways we can show our love and respect to our husband. Consider keeping this list (and adding your own) handy as a reminder:
- Turn our attention away from our phone and computer and onto our husband
- Actively listen without interrupting
- Ask him to do something instead of demanding or telling him
- Use gentle tones and sweet words
- Lift him up instead of putting him down in conversations with others
Dear Lord, how can I express my love to my husband today? Amen.
Order our Valentines Day Special, 20% off ($21.73) now through February 14 only:
THREE (3) hardcopy books—
- A Couple After God’s Own Heart
- 15 Verses to Pray for Your Husband
- Encouraging Words for a Woman After God’s Own Heart
PLUS a FREE 15-page devotional PDF (How to be a Closer Couple) and a beautiful Love Never Fails screensaver!REFLECT
“It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.” (Genesis 2:18)
Print this card out to give to your husband on Valentine’s Day!
As you love your husband, you love God as well.