Being a mom is in no way an inferior or a secondary calling! No one else is called to love our children but us. And no one else can love our children like us. God calls you and me to love our God-given children. How they came to be ours doesn’t matter. The fact that they are ours means that they are to be loved. God’s high calling is five-fold. If you have children, you are to:
- Love them and make loving them your highest pursuit.
- Look to the Word of God for His guidelines for being a loving Christian mother.
- Look at the modeling of older Christian women as they express Christlike love to their children.
- Look to older Christian women to teach you the how-to’s of such love.
- Look for—and learn from—such women.
By God’s grace, you can leave your mark on the world by leaving behind a child who grows up to love and serve the Lord… who then also raises godly children to continue your godly legacy for generations to come. This truly would be one of our greatest blessings as a mom after God’s own heart!